Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Wedding Day


Walking down the bridal path...



Yes, it's been a long time since I posted a blog or sent out a newsletter--please forgive me! I guess my best excuse for not writing lately is that I've had a lot on my mind, and now I have another good reason--and all six foot and handsome it is!

Here are some pictures from our recent wedding ceremony. You can view more online at the title link above.


We are gathered here...

Adrian is British and a writer, too. Here is his web site. He enjoys historical re-enacting, hence our rather unique wedding apparel. I'm encouraging him to write now while he's waiting on Uncle Sam to process his paperwork to work legally in this country. But in the meantime, I'm working long hours in the "real world" to pay our bills. Sigh! I do miss writing fiction, non-fiction, anything but emails and brief Twitter or Facebook messages to friends and family, but I have simply neither the time nor the energy to do more. I have to also take care of my college-age daughters (translation: money, more of it needed) and I still do freelance editorial work on the side. There aren't enough hours in the day to really start a writing project, let alone finish one.


The happy couple in 1750s era costume.

I do have some ideas for future novels and stories, and eventually I hope to have my act together so I can at least get started on them. I'll be posting things here when I can, and I'll let you all know when I have any good news about my books in my monthly newsletter.

In the meantime, enjoy the photos of our happy wedding day! (I know I do!)



3 comments :

susan said...

Thanks for sharing your wedding pictures with me. I enjoyed them and loved the idea of dress.You make a lovely couple. Good luck to your new husband in getting legal to write here. I also hope you can resume your books. You are new to me as I just retired and was seeking new authors and books and added the newsletter from your site to my list of hopefuls. I do look forward to reading books by you. I hope you get lots of replies as I also love the book contests and enter alot in hopes to win. Happy Years ahead for both of you. susan L.

susan said...

I wanted to give my comment on your question about changing your blog or not. I notice these days so many are getting married and not even changing their names if they are in the public eye..I feel it should depend on the person herself or how does your husband feel about it. How much trouble would it be to change the site name? susan L

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos of your Wedding Dress. I got married back in the 70's in a handmade pastel blue & white lace dress and felt all alone in a color I like someone else shares similar tastes.

google-site-verification: googlec9fe367ac800d499.html