This past year has been hectic (to say the least) for me, so in case I've forgotten to send you a card or wish you an appropriate season's greeting in person (or online), this is my last ditch effort to make amends!
The photo below I took a few years ago at my husband's cousin's home in rural Norfolk, England. It's epitomizes a country Christmas to me...
For all my friends who celebrate Christmas, the following I borrowed from Mom's church's newsletter:
Why Jesus is Better Than Santa Claus
- Santa lives at the North Pole--JESUS is everwhere!
- Santa rides in a sleigh--JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.
- Santa comes to your home once a year --JESUS is an ever present help.
- Santa fills your stockings with goodies --JESUS supplies all your needs.
- Santa comes down your chimney uninvited--JESUS stands at your door, knocks and then enters your heart.
- You have to wait in line to see Santa--JESUS is as close as the mention of his name.
- Santa lets you sit on his lap--JESUS lets you rest in his arms.
- Santa doesn't know your name. All he can say is "Hi, little boy or girl, what's your name?" JESUS knew our name before we did. (Not only does he know our name, he knows our address, too. He knows our history and future and he even knows how many hairs are on our heads.)
- Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly --JESUS has a heart full of love.
- All Santa can offer is "Ho, ho, ho!" JESUS offers health, help and hope.
- Santa says "You'd better not cry." JESUS says, "Cast all your cares on me for I care for you."
- Santa's little helpers make toys--JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and builds us mansions in heaven.
- Santa may make you chuckle, but JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.
- While Santa puts gifts under your tree, JESUS became our gift and died on the tree.
It's obvious there is really no comparison. We need to remember WHO Christmas is all about. We need to put Christ back into Christmas. Jesus is still the reason for the season.
Yes, Jesus is better, even better than Santa Claus.
Our "Frosty" sends you warm wishes for a very happy new year, too! :-)