Monday, January 06, 2014

New Year's Updates




I'm trying to get better organized this year--hey, don't laugh! There's a first time for everything. ;)

One of the things I'm trying to organize is my blog, or should I say my blogs. I have more than one since I write in various genres. This one is my default "real me" and non-fiction web site where I've actually try to advertise my editorial services. It's not working too well, so that's going to have be re-thought out and revised. But one of the first things I want to re-vamp is my author bio page.

It's tough to know what all to put in and what to put out. I've always kept mine short and sweet. (Just go to the top and click on the "About me" link and you'll see.) I've been asking folks online for feedback, and they suggest that I add things like "Why do I write?" and "What are my inspirations?" 

I don't know. Those sound rather conventional to me. I'm weird. I'd rather go with funny or goofy or plain unusual. But would that scare off more potential readers than it would draw in? That's the crux of the matter.

So, I'll be considering what all is necessary, not necessary, or just plain scary to add to my bio page this week. I'll also be preparing another pleasant surprise for next week. (Fingers crossed!) I want to make this blog a place where readers and writers feel welcome and can gain some useful information at the same time. 

If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below. I'd like more comments this year. I know some people are reading what I post since I have those stats, but the interaction of leaving comments and conversing with me would be nice for a change. So how about it?

Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2014 for everyone!

Cindy


No comments :

google-site-verification: googlec9fe367ac800d499.html