Saturday, March 28, 2015

Have you lost your mind? An excerpt from Losing Who

Welcome to another edition of the "My Sexy Saturday" blog hop tour. This week's theme is "Their Sexy Talk" and it's all about how lovers relate to each other. Hmm... What one couple finds "sexy" made be very different from what another couple finds romantic, but it takes all kinds of people to build a world, doesn't it?

Here's a  seven paragraph excerpt from my latest release from Mojocastle Press, Losing Who. When you're forced to wipe the memory of your lover in order to save her world, what can you to say to convince her that you still care about her? This is the dilemma alien time traveler John Smith faces with his human girlfriend Cici in this excerpt scene.


Losing Who
Book 3 in the Loving Who series
 

Cici Connors is losing her mind—or is she? John Smith vows to return her memories, but will his sci-fi convention only attract an invasion of Earth by artificially intelligent life forms?  


From Mojocastle Press  
http://www.mojocastle.com/losing-who.html 
Also available at Amazon, All Romance eBooks and wherever fine ebooks are sold.


(Excerpt set-up: A telepathic conversation between lovers John and Cici, wherein he tries to explain why he had to blank her memories.)

The time lines…They got a bit muddy. We had to undo them and start afresh in order to keep the universe from exploding. You’re sensitive to how the time lines flow, Cici, but you’re not one of us who can step totally out of time and look at them objectively. So, you’ve got to trust me on this point—you know me from before, and I’ve come back for you against the wishes of my own kind.

Some of what he was relating to her mind made sense. Cici had felt these past few days as if she’d been yanked out of time and thrust back into it at another spot against her will. She sensed that the clock had been turned back and that she was reliving the same days again, only this time with a slightly different cast of characters in a completely different situation. You’re risking your own safety to be with me? she wondered.

I am. I’m risking your safety, too. That’s why I wanted to confess as soon as you seemed able to deal with this knowledge. If you want me out of your time line, I’ll go, Cici. But before I go, I wanted you to know that it wasn’t my idea to leave you behind in the first place.

You want to be with me? Cici felt tears burning beneath her eyelids, but she couldn’t find either her eyes or her tissue to wipe them away.

My kind doesn’t know what romance or love means really, but I think I’ve learned more about it since we met. It’s why I came back for you.

 
Damn… You’ve wrecked my cynicism. She felt the warmth of a sun upon her cheek like a kiss of an angel. Anything is possible, isn’t it, John Smith?

She heard a soft chuckle then, It is when you love someone, Cici Connors. Love makes all things possible.
 
 


Losing Who is available from Mojocastle Press  
Read more excerpts from the Loving Who series at my fiction web site: www.cynthianna.com

Book 1 Loving Who                                                                                                               Book 2 Leaving Who





And don't forget to sign up for my e-newsletter--I'm giving away a FREE ORIGINAL EBOOK to all subscribers featuring a story with John Smith and Cici Connors. (The sign up form is located on the right sidebar. I just need your email. Thanks!)

Have a great My Sexy Saturday!

http://mysexysaturday.blogspot.com


2 comments :

A J said...

Nice excerpt! =) Lovers do have their codes - it's another facet of intimacy to share a way of speaking impossible for outsiders to interpret. ;)

Cynthianna said...

Thanks, AJ. :)

Cici and John have the ultimate "code" for lovers, since he is telepathic and can send thoughts to her mind and vice versa. I guess most of us wish our spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend was telepathic... at least on some days! ;)

google-site-verification: googlec9fe367ac800d499.html